Hi, Seaton Community! We are so excited to begin school year 20-21 tomorrow!
Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- We are thrilled to announce Seaton will be a meal site this school year! This means Seaton students (or their guardian) can come to pick up 1 breakfast and 1 lunch each day. The site will be open from 10 AM to 2 PM. You will need to provide the students’ name and ID number. There are also other feeding sites open throughout the city. Check out the list here: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/food
- All K-5 students must log into Canvas tomorrow morning to record their attendance. On Canvas, they can see their daily schedule and a click a link to join their live sessions which begin at 8:30 AM.
- Your child’s login credentials for Canvas and Microsoft Teams are:
- Username: student ID number followed by @students.k12.dc.us For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Student’s network password is their 6-digit birthday (MMDDYY).
- If students or parents/guardians need support with accessing DCPS systems (e.g. Canvas, Teams) or with a DCPS-issued device or hotspot, they can contact the student and family technology support hotline at 202-442-5885 (option 1) starting Monday August 31st. They will be transferred to the new student and family technical support hotline.
- If you do not know your child’s teacher please reach out to Suzanne.email@example.com and you will be connected.
- Check out DCPS Reopen Strong website: https://dcpsreopenstrong.com
- DCPS created a helpful guide to virtual learning for families.
- On Tuesday’s in September, we will offer technology support office hours at Seaton Elementary School. If you need in-person tech support, you can stop by Seaton between 9 AM and 12 PM. If those hours do not work for you, please e-mail Assistant Principal Jimmie Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate a different time.
- Microsoft is partnering with DCPS to offer free training sessions for families! Let’s Team Up! Getting Prepared for Remote Learning with Microsoft Teams. Using technology for the sake of technology is a thing of the past. With remote learning being the new normal, Microsoft Surface and Teams make it easy for students to use technology to learn. Join us for this webinar where you will learn from an experienced educator, trainer and parent how to use Surface and Teams to promote independence, engage with teachers and peers, support various learning preferences and styles while providing a simple and safe remote learning experience for all. Q&A will be available.
Every Wednesday through the end of September at 10am and 6pm. Virtual links below: Morning sessions 10 AM – 11 AM; Afternoon sessions 5 PM – 6 PM:
- Sep 2: Live Event 10am/Live Event 5pm
- Sep 9: Live Event 10am/Live Event 5pm
- Sep 16: Live Event 10am/Live Event 5pm
- Sep 23: Live Event 10am/Live Event 5pm
- Sep 30: Live Event 10am/Live Event 5pm