A heartfelt request from Seaton Parent Teacher Organization president Richard Lambert:
“As many of you know, we are in the midst of PTO election season. [The] secretary position is the only position without a candidate….
“At Seaton, we have busy parents who work all types of hours within all types of industries….Must of us do not have time for volunteering at the school, and if we do, we definitely don’t have time to volunteer to be secretary. But, that is exactly what I’m asking you to consider. With the craziness of your life, can you add one more activity? Maybe you can, maybe you can’t.
“Can you take a second to look at your schedule? Can you take a second to read the secretary description below? It’s not much. I promise. If you think you can take on the job, I’d love to hear from you. Heck, I’d love to hear from you regardless. Let me know if you’ve thought about it and can’t. Let me know if you’ve thought about it and would like to nominate yourself.
“If you want to nominate yourself or someone you know, be sure to send an email to Shereen Williams as well.”
Term: Two years
- Maintain accurate records of all organization proceedings at Executive and General Body meetings.
- Record business accomplished at each meeting.
- Read minutes at Executive Board and General Body meetings.
- Keep all records of the organization on file (including committee reports and committee minutes).
- Maintain calendar of events, meetings and other important dates.
- Maintain roster of volunteers.
- Maintain the official documents of the organization including bylaws, standing rules, and minutes. Keep bylaws and other governing documents current with any changes made through the amendment process.
- Serve on Executive Board and attend all Executive Board and General Body meetings.
- Handle correspondence. Read correspondence to Executive Board and General Body.
- Serves as ex-officio member of the Governance Committee.