The annual Seaton Career Day will be Friday, June 10. We are looking for parent volunteers who are available to come and share their professions to our Seaton Stingers.
Audience: To be determined, depending on the total number of presenters and the ages they are interested in speaking to. Most likely, it will be 2nd through 5th graders. If we have enough presenters, we will be able to include Prek-1st grade.
Total presentation time is about 20-25 minutes including introductions, showing of props (if any) discussion and questions.
What to talk about?
Some suggested areas to cover:
- Why you chose the profession
- What you wanted to be when you were the same age as the students
- What is the best part of your job?
- What is challenging?
- Advantages/disadvantages of your job
- Education and training, and courses necessary to prepare for your career
- Related occupations
- Lifestyle associated with your job
If interested, please fill out this form and return to Ms. Duarte by Friday, May 20.
For any other questions, please contact Ms. Duarte.