Seaton Elementary is a small community-based school in the Shaw neighborhood. We offer students a warm and loving learning environment. Our students discover their potential and embrace new experiences. We are committed to providing high-quality academic instruction and cultural experiences that enhance student development.
The start of School Year 2021-22 will be different than in past school years, and we are already thinking about what it will take to reopen Seaton and welcome back all our students and staff in the safest way possible. For SY21-22, here’s what families can expect at school to maintain a safe environment for in-person learning:
- HVAC enhancements allow for well-ventilated spaces at every school, including state-of-the-art HEPA filters in classrooms and air quality sensors throughout the building.
- Practice safe routines: All staff, students, and visitors must wear a mask or face covering, and daily PPE and hygiene supplies will be provided.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols for high-touch surfaces and a deep cleaning completed after a suspected or reported COVID-19 case.
- Space arrangements: Students should be separated as far as possible, and individual desks and tables are to be facing the same direction to the extent feasible.
- Student meals: Pre-K and Kindergarten students will eat in the classroom, and all other grades will eat in the cafeteria. Social distancing should be followed while eating and drinking, to the extent feasible.
- Student cohort interactions will be limited to the extent feasible, but there will be no cap for student or staff cohort interactions in any grade.
- Screen for illness: Students and staff will complete a daily “Ask, Ask, Look” screening, but temperatures will not be taken upon arrival at school.
- COVID-19 reporting protocols: Schools will report positive cases with a school community if a person has been in the building during their infectious period, along with a quarantine protocol. Additional information about asymptomatic testing will be shared over the summer.
Attendance: Seaton families, use this form to report if a student was or is going to be absent or tardy.